VHF Course Details:
This is not an RYA one day course. It is a much more comprehensive Course and is recognised by the Irish Government. It comes in the form of a legal Certificate issued by the Dept of Communication and lasts for life. You have to be an Irish citizen or, at least, resident in Ireland to attain the Certificate. The cost of the examination and the certificate is included in the course costs – there are not “hidden costs”. Upon successful completion of the course, we will process the application for you, also.
- Friday evening – arrive by 18:30;
- Course commences at 19:00 until 22.00/22:30.
- Saturday – all day, commencing at 9am.
- Course is scheduled to finish at 16:00.
- Then allow 2 hours for the examination itself.
- Exam is scheduled to finish at 18:00.
- Radio Operation – rules & regulations
The course costs €275.
If booking 3 or more participants for the same course dates, the price will drop to €250 per participant.
Methods of Payment:
Cheque, cash or debit card for on-line payment acceptable.
Cheques payable to Tralee Bay Maritime Centre Ltd
Bank Transfer, please contact us for bank details and allow at least, 3 working days in advance of course commencement date.
Any queries, please contact us on 0877606795 or, preferably, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We have an excellent success rate with this course, so you can be confident that we will do our utmost to get you “over the line” before the course finishes! And remember, the Certificate is for life, so you do not have to do it again!
VHF Course Requirements:- please ensure that you have organized the below list PRIOR to coming to the course:
- Bring your Passport or other form of ID (Drivers license will suffice). .
- Bring Passport photos x 2.
- Sign both on the back.
- Deposit of €70 required, at the latest, one week prior to Course commencement date.
- Balance prior to course commencement.
- Age limit: you have to be at least 16 years old to receive the Certificate.